Friday, August 5, 2011

Whole

Five Minute Friday: WHOLE


http://www.thegypsymama.com/

August 5, 2011
I love words.
I love how you weave words together.
Your story matters. It impacts my story.
So let your words and your story breathe today. Take five minutes and just write without criticizing your words, yourself or your story. Just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

  1. Write your words without editing them.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to come and share their unedited stories too.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.
Easy peasy. OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:

WHOLE

I was pretty excited to see this prompt today!!  This is a subject that has been rolling around in my mind, just waiting for a blog!! 

I have discovered now in my 40's that we are very much like those big rocks you see facing the ocean shoreline.  They stand there, larger than life, and looking beautiful.  Every day they have the ocean water lap up against them, salt water spray hits them, the sun beats down and sometimes the rain and snow falls on them.

They are still beautiful even though they have spots where they have been worn down to some smoothe hollows or they might have even had a part break off and there is just a jagged piece left, just sticking out into the air.  They are still whole, but they have a brand new shape.

We as humans are so much like those rocks.  We have so many things happen in our lives, and it takes that mixture of love, happiness, sadness, hurts and sometimes loss to polish us into the person we are meant to be!!

Remember today that you are beautiful, and that you are strong, and that all that happens in your life is making you the beautiful person you are today, inside and out!!

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Everybody is writing today exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for your words. They are balm on a very sore heart today. I love the rock analogy. A very wise women always used it and told me that friction hurts but it is how the rocks get smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn you are so very welcome, and I feel so blessed to have written something that brings a little comfort to your heart. I have something in my life that every time I get reminded of it, I feel a wave of sadness wash over me, and I finally thought of this analogy, and I have to remind myself of it at least once a week, that because of it, I am learning to be a different person, to stand strong and be shaped into the person I am supposed to be!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...