Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am OBSESSED

I ADMIT IT

My whole family will tell you, if you come visit my home, you more than likely are going to have a photo snapped of the visit!!  

As much as I am obsessed, I have never really had a good way to "organize" the photos into something viewable by everyone, besides the usual "posting on Facebook".  Those pictures are just fleeting and they never tell the "real story behind the photo". 

I know I have mentioned Pinterest on more than one occassion :).  What an absolutley fantastic inspiration website!!  I found this idea the other day, and I think I will begin mine with the grandkids "Meet The Teacher" events this week, and keep it up until next school year, and then start another!! 

I would love to preserve those precious memories of the little ones with their photos, stories, art work, and all the little things that make up their days. 


It's really a cross between a scrapbook and a journal.  I can see the possibilities already!!  My grandson is starting Kindergarten, and my little granddaughter will be going to three day a week preschool. They both have so much to tell me each day with so many funny conversations that if they aren't "recorded" somewhere they will eventually be forgotten.  I love the idea of "pasting" important items and photos from that day to the pages, which is absolutely nothing unheard of, but ignites HUGE sparks of creativity in my brain of what could be done with one of these Journals!! 

I will start with a photo very similar to this one to document their first day of school and the "Meet the Teacher" day!!

I also found this "list" of photo ideas "month by month".  We pretty much make each day a celebration of sorts.  We try to enjoy each day to the fullest, and we are thankful to the Lord above for blessing us with such a wonderful family and friends to spend it with!! 

There are lots of fantastic ideas at this website!!

My Grandmother kept a diary in 1942 and I still have it to this day.  I often enjoy looking back through the pages and reading about what a day was like for my Grandparents and my Father who was ten years old at the time.  She often spoke of the weather, what was growing in her garden, who came to visit, and what my dad did that day. 

I am pretty sure I will be perusing the aisles of Hobby Lobby tomorrow trying to find the PERFECT JOURNAL to start my new adventure with!! 

Hopefully some day my sweet grandchildren will read it and smile and remember how much their MiMi loved them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...