Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Train Story ~ Otherwise known as a funny day in my life (copied from my FB Notes)

I love that I have the opportunity to spend so much time with my grandkids. Some days are just funnier than others, and this morning was one of those "funny days". As a lot of you know, I like to encourage creativity among children. I want them to learn to "think outside the box". A lot of that depends on imaginative play and stretching their little minds to create.

Today Payton, Adleigh and I were riding along down some backroads coming home. We were wayyyy out in the middle of nowhere and Payton asked if we could pretend we were a train. So I said sure, and we started pretending that my Jeep was a train. I said chugga chugga and he would be the "whistle" and blow the whistle every now and then. We went for a ways and then he said..." can we let that passenger on?". He was pretending that there were imaginary passengers that wanted on our train. So I slowed down and stopped in the middle of the road in the middle of nowhere haha and we let our "passenger" on. We did this about five more times and he thought it was great fun. We got down to the stop sign at FBC Mixon and he said " MiMi....there are a lot of people in that garden who are passengers and they want to get on our train"....it was so cute but he was talking about the BIG CEMETARY next to the church hahahaha....I was like ummmmmmmm OK SURE....they can get on too.....

We drove some more and picked up some more "passengers". Later on he asked me if they could have a bathtub on his train because everyone needed a bath haha. Then he told me that ALL THE PASSENGERS were coming to stay at my house!! LOLOL so now we are home again......with all of our imaginary passengers! :O) Sigh......hope they don't want me to fix them all lunch!!

Have a great day everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. hope you didn't have to create a real lunch for all the imaginary world! lol...great story! It's so great to see you writing again!!!! hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You are such a fun Grand ma too!
    Please follow me back and share the love!
    Hugs
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny and cute story!

    I'm your newest follower from the Meet Me Monday Hop! I would love it if you stop by my blog www.mommydigger.com and follow me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute! We found your blog through the hop and would LOVE for you to follow us back! Thanks!

    www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frenchy thank you so much and thanks for following me, I always love to meet new friends!! I have such a fun time with my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MommyDiggger I am following you now on Networked Blogs, thanks so much for following me!! Absolutely love your blog, I had to pin several of your things to my Pinterest already!! I am excited to have you as a new friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thank you Ellis's!! Both of your blogs are great and I am now following you on both as well!! I had to laugh about the non diaper story, my grandson has done several things like that, and my two year old granddaughter is now at the stage where she takes hers off and runs through the house!! :) Super excited to have you as a new follower and friend as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...