Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Here's your sign .......or....PHOTO CHALLENGE - Sign Day :)

I joined this photo challenge in the early part of March....today's topic is SIGN

I couldn't take a picture of just ONE sign...what fun would that be?!?!

My daughter and I used it as an excuse to get out of the house and drive all of the countryside taking pictures of all sorts of random things......and I will be the first to say it makes us look like we are a bunch of hicks haha.....

Until our town voted to sell beer and liquor....this used to be just an everyday ole plumbing store....but nowwwwwww you can buy beer, wine , and plumbing supplies.....cause everyone needs to drink while fixing plumbing...yessireeeee....


Thjs is the sign out in front of our High School.  My husband and kids have graduated from this school....I think this Indian sign has been up since my hubby was a little boy.  There used to be an Indian Maiden and Indian Chief on top of the school until someone from another school took them hostage.....


Once we left the High School we got out onto the highway and traveled to a town about 11 miles away, home of the plant nurseries around here and Powell Plant Farms, and of course, our local livestock market, Tri County.  We have spent a lot of time here buying and selling cattle etc.....My daughter kept driving in circles in their parking lot so I could lean out my window and take pics....I swear then she started doing doughnuts and laughing ....good thing they didn't know who we were.....it was funny though....




After we left there we drove by and admired all of the beautiful spring plants and started getting motivated to plant some flower beds.......I think winter is over for most of the  U.S. at this point...it was 80 here today !! 





Soooo then we got back out on the highway and turned down this little back road and came across this old wooden bridge.....we used to have one close to us and they finally upgraded it to a regular concrete and steel bridge.......THANKFULLY....these things get kind of scary LOL


My grandson and I of course had to get out and walk on the bridge and look over the railing into the water...and on our way back to the car we saw THIS laying in the grass.....at first I thought it was a squashed skunk.......turns out it's just a piece of fiberglass from a car or something.....made us laugh anyway because it was just so weird....


Then we drove by one of our favorite stores, a fantastic little home town gal ran store.....my kids went to school with her kids :) 


Then we were back to the main drag in town and the
"intersection" of the main highways.....yes I know this pic is blurry...I was hanging out the side window trying to zoom the camera in to get this and not drop the camera in the road!!


Can you believe the price of gas??  Sheeshhh.....


Then it was back to the dirt road ....we live where the paved section meets the dirt road section LOL....
This is my grandsons favorite hill to drive over, it makes your stomach drop going both ways.....


 sometimes you have to do a little backroading and enjoy the "signs"......









1 comment:

  1. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog
    buy plumbing materials online

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...