Saturday, January 22, 2011

Piggly Wiggly

pigglywiggly.jpg image by lbr71322

I came across an article written this morning about a southerner visiting the country of Wales, and she was telling them about shopping at the Piggly Wiggly.  Many of you who have not grown up in the South will have no idea what I am talking about. 


Piggly Wiggly was a wonderful chain of grocery stores all across the South.  When I would come to visit my grandmother in Jacksonville, Texas, we would always go shopping there.  As I grew older, and would come hang out with the older kids, many of them worked there.  I remember fondly my cousin Jane and I making trips to the Piggly Wiggly to go look at all of the cute boys who worked there.  :o)


As giant Mega Stores like Wal Mart came along, I suppose Piggly Wiggly was pushed out of the local market, and I haven't seen one in years.  It sure does bring back good memories though," Piggly Wiggly"!!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate...used to love the five and dime stores....replaced by big box stores now...and of course, one of my favorites: the dollar general and other dollar stores too! :o) hugs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...