Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Tomato Queen

Haha ok so I am not really the

TOMATO QUEEN

however,

today I did

WIN

the category of

BACKYARD BEST PLATE OF THREE

at the

JACKSONVILLE TOMATO FEST!!

I am sooooo super excited and can hardly believe that my little tomatoes won!!  I've had so much fun with my little garden this year!! :)

I won a

BIG BLUE RIBBON AND $100

and of course the honor of having the top
Backyard Gardener Tomatoes in Jacksonville

I think the people who presented the award were just as excited to give it to me as I was to get it.  I was absolutely genuinely surprised, honored, and excited to receive it!! 

What a GRAND DAY TODAY WAS!! 


MY AWARD WINNING TOMATOES WITH MY BLUE RIBBON

I brought all of my tomatoes to the contest in this red bowl....yes, I have a thing for red bowls!!  I entered two categories, BACKYARD AND MOST UNUSUAL...THE YELLOW ONES ARE PRETTY UNUSUAL IF YOU ASK ME :)

One of the many vendors there with tomatoes for sale!!

More Tomatoes

MY WINNING TOMATOES

SOME OF MY COMPETITORS...MINE ARE ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT....THERE WERE ABOUT SEVEN OTHER PEOPLE COMPETING...THEY HADN'T ALL BEEN ENTERED YET WHEN WE TOOK THIS PHOTO

THE CATEGORY I ENTERED IN

THE TABLE OF THE "MOST UNUSUAL TOMATOES"....I THINK THE ONE THAT WON ACTUALLY DESERVED IT...I MEAN..HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE A TOMATO THAT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK??  THAT ONE IS IN THE MIDDLE AND MINE ARE ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT...

WHILE WE WERE WAITING WE WANDERED AROUND ALL OF THE EXHIBITS AND PLAYED WATER WARS....I THINK WE NEED ONE OF THESE AT THE HOUSE!!  THIS WAS A LOT OF FUN!!

PAYTON AND HIS PAPA SHOOTING THE WATER BALLOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...