Sunday, July 24, 2011

VBS Sunday

All of the kids were so cute this morning at church singing all of the songs they learned this week!!


THE SWEET GROUP OF KIDS

PAYTON ON THE BOTTOM ROW, JACKIE WITH ADLEIGH ON THE BACK ROW WITH THE OTHER VBS TEACHERS


LISTENING TO THE CHILDRENS CHURCH STORY THIS MORNING

I was driving to Tyler the other day with Payton and he told me something so sweet and innocent and funny that I just HAVE to share it!!

He said that at the last night of VBS, Thursday night, the preacher had told them that if they would ask God to come into their hearts, they would get some wings. 

The MINUTE he told me that, I knew EXACTLY what he was thinking. 

He then said, yeah, I kind of would like airplane wings or maybe bird wings. 

I had to try so hard not to just giggle right out  loud.  I said...uhhh huhhhh yeah well that would be cool, but I don't think that's exactly the kind of wings the preacher meant, but that's great that you asked Jesus to come live in your heart <3

I had to explain to him, as best I could, what that means. 

Once he figured out that he was NOT going to get "wings"  his response was....

AWWW MANNNN!! 

The seeds have been planted though for him to understand what it means to ask God into his heart when he is older....and I will cherish his cuteness now while he is little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...