Sunday, July 17, 2011

This Weekend


  



My hubby and I had fun out and about exploring parts of Galveston we have never seen before!!

It's hard to believe that as many times as we've been down there, we've never been to the fishing docks, to the Strand, or on a Dolphin Tour!! 


It was a lot of fun, and even though we walked along the beach barefoot, we never even went swimming over the whole weekend...which is most definitely a first!!



 
We thought we would go to the new Joe's Crab Shack in Galveston.  It was hit hard during Hurricane Ike and has just now been reopened.  It's located on Pier 21.  We had such a nice time and the people who work there are just AWESOME!! 

Trying to park our car to get in though.... A BIG PAIN....first we were like, will they really tow us??  And, if we are eating at Joe's do we have to pay??  Then neither of us had any dollar bills...so I had to walk back to my Jeep and gather up $2 worth of coins out of my little cubby....and then we had to STUFF them into those little slots....we got a good laugh out of it anyway....even if it was a PAIN.

A sign in Joe's

We drove over to the Seawall after dinner and walked along the beach!!
We saw several spots where people had drawn hearts and names and
I WAS SO SURPRISED WHEN MY HUBBY SAID OH I WILL DRAW OURS TOO
SO HE GOT OUT HIS POCKET KNIFE AND SCRAPED OUR NAMES IN THE SAND
SWEET GUY
Sometimes I wanna kill him....but other times I just want to hug his neck....


My silly hubby carrying my sandals :)

So the next day (Saturday) we got to the beach at about 6:15 A.M. to try and take some sunrise pics....of course it was really cloudy :( but we got a few pretty good shots!!



Then we decided to head back to our hotel and get some breakfast.  We had to argue most of the  way back haha.  My hubby wanted to eat the "free breakfast" our hotel had...I wanted to go out....I am not totally against hotel breakfasts, but seriously...we haven't been away by ourselves in FOREEEVVER and I cook breakfast for the whole family EVERY WEEKEND....and it seemed only right that I get to have a cooked sit down breakfast...haha...
GUESS WHO WON
MEEEEEE!!

We went back later in the afternoon to Pier 21 which is just a few blocks from
THE STRAND
and where the
DOLPHIN BOAT TOUR
is located and had soooo much fun
I know they really decorate it up for Christmas and now I want to take the girls back over the Christmas Holidays to do some shopping.  It's kind of like the River Walk in San Antonio without the River LOL :)





The ship Elissa



A Life Sized Chess Game


 

Candy Apples at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory


I want this aquarium in my house :)

 
We got our Dolphin Boat Tattoos

The Dolphins were sooooo AWESOME



We went and wandered around through the Yacht Slips....I love the saying on this one...it's a great motto for life in general!!



This was soooo funny....I had to wade wayyy out in the water to take this pic haha


We stopped at the Woodlands Mall on the way home...love this Carousel





We had a great vacation.....Now I'm ready to see what next week holds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...