Friday, September 23, 2011

The Gypsy Mama - 5 minute Friday - Growing!!


Five Minute Friday: Growing

September 23, 2011
We write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just write or not.
Won’t you join us?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in. 3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Growing…



I have to admit it, I saw the topic earlier this morning as I was helping my 5 year old grandson dress for Kindergarten.  I've had some time to think about it while I've done my morning chores and stood there washing dishes. 

Whether we realize it or not, we are always growing in some form or fashion.  Sometimes, as in my case haha I am growing in size and will have to start watching my diet as I age!!  The other night I was driving home and had a teenager drive up behind me really fast, sit right behind me, and then hurry and pass.  I didn't let it bother me because as I have gotten older and learned to "grow", I have learned "tolerance".  I realize she was young, and she is learning, and eventually she will discover that is really not a wise idea.  In the past I would have let myself get angry and steam over it and wonder why teenagers are allowed to drive at all.  I am happy to GROW in ways that I never realized I would like that. 

I have the pleasure of watching my grown daughters GROW in their relationships with spouses and fiances and their walks with God. They've realized that it is a true gift to share the talents and wisdom they have been blessed with , with other people and plant seeds and watch them grow.

 I watch with pleasure every day my little grandchildren growing.  Sometimes watching children "growing" really pulls on the heartstrings.  I watch as they start their little walks through life, and discover how to make friends, and that not EVERYONE wants to be their friend and I dry their little tears and give them a hug, and they PLAYING NICE with EVERYONE really is the best way to be, and to look around for those with no friends and find a way to make friends  is ALWAYS a GOOD IDEA!! 

Last week the little kindergarten children had an opportunity to buy a "treat" at their school.  My grandson realized one of his little friends didn't have any money and wouldn't be able to buy some.  He used the money I sent with him to buy both of them a treat and share.  I have never been more proud of our little man and that is the kind of "growing" I want to encourage in my children and grandchildren....the "growing" that reaches out into the world to touch others!!

STOP

BTW, if you are having trouble commenting on BLOGGER blogs, a lot of the time you have to sign out and then sign back in and make sure to UNCHECK the box for "Always keep me signed in".....HUGS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...