Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a great day to be alive la la la..... :) :)

Today has been such an awesome day.  Actually it's been a pretty darn awesome month around here!!

I got an email this morning saying that my photo of Adleigh's birthday cake, from her 1 year old party, had been selected to be featured on the Children's Party Network!!  WOOP WOOP!!  That is such an honor, and as much as we love party planning around here, it's great to be recognized for having a fun idea!! 

I don't know about y'all, but I'm trying to start to get everything together for Easter.  We are definitely having it Saturday here.  Obviously we will attend church Sunday, but as far as getting the whole family together, Saturday just worked best for everyone!  We need rain SO BADLY here in Texas, and we have it forecast for the next four or five days, but I am sure hoping that at least it won't rain Saturday evening lol,  I don't want to have to try and move all of everything I have planned for OUTSIDE, INSIDE!! 

I have decided that four year olds are just some funny little people.  My little grandson has started requesting a baby sister.  He keeps us laughing with all of the funny ideas he has about "how you get" a baby sister.  He told us that if he had one, he would feed it a lot and it would be a big sister hahahaha....he was totally serious....he doesn't mean big as in fat, he meant big as in "big sister" :) It's adorable.

He also said that he likes the name APPLE...what an interesting name for a sister.....thank goodness it's not like what he likes to name his dogs, along the lines of  PABLO, TOMATO, AND HOUSE HOUSE.  For some reason I don't think I will ever have a granddaughter named Apple, but never say never!! :) :)

 We told him that mommy would have to get married first, and now I am sure he will mention it to her boyfriend at some point, which will be even more humorous.  He is such a great guy, I am sure he would just grin and say, yep, that's in my plans son.  He's one of the top criminalists/homicide detectives  in this area, and he also has a son, so it's nice for her to be dating someone who has some concept of what it takes to be a parent!!   Not to mention he's just a super great guy...haha have I mentioned that one too many times??  Can you tell I like to see my daughter really really smile and be happy??

I guess that's enough ramblings for one afternoon.....I got both the grandkids to take a nap at the same time, so I am going to go enjoy some PEACE AND QUIET for a few minutes and maybe try and finish planning what the menu is for the weekend etc!!  Jessica and I have also started planning Payton's 5th birthday, which right now is looking like it's going to be a Sheriff party...lolol amazing how that ties in, but that's what he wants, and we have found some super cute inspiration stuff that is just fueling our creativity!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday, pray for rain for all of Texas...so many wildfires and so many have lost their homes, and livestock, and their land is scorched!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...