Friday, March 18, 2011

The Easter Parade



I love parades, and I love Easter. 
I don't know what reminded me of this last night, but if it's one of those things that makes me smile, you know I will have to write a blog about it!!  My daughter and I ended up  having a whole conversation about it last night, and she thinks I am crazy for wanting to do this of course!!  I told her it was on my bucket list for sure!

Every year in New York City, they have this parade called the Easter Bonnet Parade.  I think it would just be a blast to make up an outrageous Easter Bonnet and go participate. It's a good idea to remember the light hearted side of life from time to time, and take time to just be kind of silly!!  Apparently it's not an organized parade, like all the rest that go through New York.  They just close down an area on 5th Avenue,  and let the people wander around admiring all of the Easter Bonnets!!  This parade has been an annual event since the early 1900's.    It's just one of those things that sounds like it would be fun to do!  Below are some photos I have found of the Easter Bonnets you might find along the route!!  Now I just need someone to go with me, and I need to figure out just how doooooo you make one of those!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...