Monday, July 30, 2012

~*~MAD MAKEUP~*~ MONDAY

I've decided to change things up a little on my blog, and actually start writing about the things that interest me....after all, there are bound to be some of my followers who are interested in or want to learn about some of the things that inerest  me!!  Every Monday I will write about makeup products, tips and tricks, how tos and reviews!!

For my birthday this year, my oldest daughter bought me an Ulta Gift Card.  If you do not have an Ulta store near you, they sell cosmetics, perfumes, shampoos and such.  It's a really neat store!!



Since she and my grandson have been out of town and on vacation for five days, I had time to go shopping BY MYSELF LOL....:)  I actually don't mind shopping with them, I really don't,  but it's somewhat interesting to shop with a six year old boy, especially when shopping for fun stuff like MAKEUP!!

I walked all over the makeup section and finally decided that I wanted to get one of the little brand makeup sample boxes.  Pretty much every main brand of makeup line has them, Cargo, Sheer Mineral, Lorac, Smashbox to name a few.  I have one by Cargo that I love and that both of my grown girls borrow every time they are at the house!! 

I decided to go with the SMASHBOX brand and got the one titled

SMASHBOX TRY IT KIT

It came with

 Limitless Eyeliner

 Hyperlash Mascara

Photo Finish Foundation Primer

Photo Finish Lid Primer

Lip Enhancing Gloss

It was kind of funny, earlier in the day I had been in CVS and they were having a 50% off sale on some of their cosmetics, so I had already purchased a nifty new Mascara and Lip Gloss......but hey, a girl can never have too much makeup to play with!! 

Let me also say that I am learning and experimenting along with the rest of you.  I am 47 and I still have trouble putting eyeliner on and am alway fascinated by the pretty eyeshadow pins on Pinterest and want to learn how to do them!!  So hang with me, and we will learn together!!  :) :)

I tried the Photo
Finish Foundation Primer
 out last night, it's super thin and spreads very easily, I thought it was great!!  Even though it's a little sampler bottle, it should last for a while. 

I also tried out the Photo Finish Eyelid Primer and loved it as well!!  Smashbox has a great reputation for carrying a great line of cosmetics!!




I can't wait to try out the rest of my "samples"...I may have to take a "before" and "after" pic!!

My gift card was for $20, and this product was $19.00 so I came out pretty good. I also bought a bottle of fancy shmancy conditioner that is supposed to reduce hair breakage by 92% after the first use , that may have to be my next blog!! 

Do I recommend this product?  Yes, it's great to put in your purse to have ready for when you need to get your makeup on quickly and it's high quality product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...