Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summertime Summertime!!

This has been quite a year so far, and boy oh boy am I ready to "get out of Dodge" for a while and kick back and relax.  For those of you who were keeping up with my recent "surgery", it went well, and I ended up staying in bed though for practically a week afterwards.  Then I had to have another "procedure" done the next Wednesday and that put me back in bed for the large part of each day until about this last Sunday afternoon.  It's been back to normal life this week, both daughters are working on finishing up their Bachelors Degrees, so I am babysitting their babies for them while they are at work/school.  I feel so far behind and so unlike myself...usually by the time Summer gets here we are already soaking up the sun and fun!! 

My youngest daughter and her family are planning on going on vacation with her hubby's family in a few weeks to Galveston, and I think there are about five different families going!!  I think we will take advantage of those three days that they will be gone and we will load up and go somewhere as well.  Now my friends, the question is WHERE??  

My oldest daughter and I have been perusing all of the Texas State Parks and there are sooooo many really awesome places to visit in our great state.   One of our favorites that we have found is 


Inks Lake State Park
located in 
Burnet, Texas
which is in the beautiful Hill Country!!
It looks like such a blast!
You can hike, canoe, swim, bike, golf etc on over 1000 acres.  They have tons and tons of pink granite cliffs to play on and jump off of into the water below!!  It practically screams summer fun!!

Just right down the road is the Longhorn Cavern State Park.  I love caverns and what fun would it be to go walk through after swimming for half the day and be amazed at everything?



Pedernales Falls State Park is just a little further away and also is super cool!!



So these are just some things to do in the Hill Country 
and I haven't even touched on what to do near San Antonio/New Braunfels

I have been to this wildlife park once before when the kids were little with the church youth group....I have been looking forward to the day we get to go back!!  My grandson would LOVE this!!

Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch
The animals come right up to your car!!
 

and then of course right down the road to visit the 
Natural Bridge Caverns!!


and then of course we would be within 20 miles of
 Sea World....

that would be a fun way to finish out the weekend!!  I can just see my grandson's face now!!  Heck, I can see my face now, I've been wanting to go for the longest time LOL!!

Then of course....there's the miles and miles of Texas beaches!!  

 Galveston....

North Padre near Corpus...we had a great vacation here before the girls graduated from High School!!

 

There's just too many things to list to do that are in North, South, East and West Texas!!  Who knows where we will end up?!?!  But I do know that this lady is tired and is deserving of a "break today"......thanks for still following me dear readers, I have really fallen behind on the blogging and it will take a day or two to get back into the swing of things!!  <3

Have a blessed rest of your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...