Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Handprints On The Wall


I had to smile this morning as I was cleaning the bathrooms in our home.  For some reason my grandson always puts his little hand on the wall before he gets in the bathtub each night.  He is six.  Because he is six, his hand has usually been in the dirt, catching baseballs, petting dogs, etc...so there is a perfect dirty handprint on the wall.  Every time I wipe one off, a new one will appear in a few days.  I found this poem, describes him pretty well!!  :))





 
MY HANDS
 
These little hands can wave hello
or put smudges on the wall.
They can fold in prayer
throw a kiss or
reach up when I say "so tall".
They will clasp your hand for an autumn stroll,
Or shape a dinosaur from clay.
But most of all, they will stay with you
when I'm grown and far away.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...