Sunday, January 8, 2012

Shrimp Chipotle Alfredo ~ Go Ahead and put it on your FAVORITES :)

I just have to share another awesome recipe I found on Pinterest.  After some searching and reading the blog that posted the recipe I've also found an almost identical one on Kraft.com.  The one I found this recipe at is



I cooked this for supper Saturday night, and since it was just the hubby and I, we had plenty of leftovers for Sunday afternoons dinner as well!  I have to say that it is equally as delicious the second day as the first and another dish the hubby just RAVED about!!  I've changed the recipe up some to suit my taste and the way it is cooked, so this is my take on the recipes from both sites!!

Here are the ingredients

  • 1 pkg of sliced baby portobella mushrooms
 (I used one of those blue styrofoam containers of mushrooms)(The Kraft website does not use mushrooms, this is TOTALLY add only if you like mushrooms kinda thing)
  • 1 tomato (seeded and diced)
(seeding a tomato is much like slicing a green pepper, just scoop out the middle and chop up the remaining tomato into cubes, and once again, the Kraft website also omitted this ingredient)
  • 1 lb Fettuccine, uncooked
 (I used about 3/4 of a box and for 2 people it was MORE than enough....really...there was enough for 8 servings so I would not suggest using a whole box unless you have a large family to feed)
  •  6 Tbsp butter
  • 2 lb shrimp
 (the recipe calls for uncooked shrimp...that's a lot of trouble...I just buy the frozen cooked shrimp in a bag, FYI I USED MEDIUM SIZED SHRIMP. I open the bag and empty the shrimp into a bowl of hot water to thaw, pull the tails off and add just like that...so much simpler)
  • 8 Oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
  •  1 cup skim milk (I used 1%)
  •  3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
 (use the actual grated Parmesan you find next to the grated cheddar in the dairy aisle)
  • 1 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
(and once again, these are very spicy...you might just use a Tbsp of sauce and not the peppers or just use sparingly say like maybe 2 teaspoons of sauce only)

Instructions:

  • Cook Pasta as directed, omitting salt  - drain and set aside into large serving bowl
  • While pasta is cooking, melt 2 tbsp of butter in skillet.  Saute mushrooms until tender. 
  • Set mushrooms aside and melt another 2 tbsp butter in same skillet.  Saute tomatoes for about four minutes until tender and set aside.
  • In large skillet add your cubed cream cheese, skim milk, Parmesan cheese, and the adobo chipotle sauce.  Stir with whisk for about five minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted.  Be sure and stir constantly.  Stir in the shrimp (I pretty much cooked all of this on med low or maybe up just a scritch past that..you don't want it so hot it scorches all of your cheeses)
  • Add in the mushrooms and tomatoes and stir.  Let the shrimp, mushrooms and tomatoes blend in and warm for about three to four minutes and the mixture will bubble slightly just keep stirring with your whisk. 
  • Pour sauce over noodles and toss to mix in all the ingredients with the noodles. 

I served our dish with crusty french bread and a salad.  It was really really delicious!! 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...